SC/ST/OBC and Minorities Cell VISION:
To oversee the effective implementation of policies and programmes for the disadvantaged groups and to act as source of strength by providing needy assistance in order to achieve equality and social justice.
SC/ST/OBC and Minorities Cell MISSION:
- To improve the performance, provide guidelines and counselling services with respect to academic, social, financial and in other related matters to the disadvantaged groups.
- To extend all kind of deserving services to disadvantaged groups and look after welfare of these communities.
- To provide opportunity and facilitate the deprived groups for learning and creating space for them to enter into mainstream themselves.
SC/ST/OBC and Minorities Cell:
BVCITS- Bhatlapalem is committed to provide an environment that promotes diversity and respects everyone, regardless of colour, religious belief or culture. While maintaining diversity of all kinds, it also commits to ensuring protection of everyone including minorities and acting as per the provisions of constitution of India in such matters. In order to create a living and working environment where all students feel safe and respected, the SC/ST/OBC and Minorities Cell has been established in the year 2006, with the following objectives:
- To counsel and guide SC, ST, OBC and Minority students studying at BVCITS on various issues and help them to manage academics and personal demands of a university life effectively.
- To ensure provisions for an environment where all such students feel safe and secure.
- To provide counselling for any emotional emergencies arising on account of any events at the campus.
- To provide a mechanism to redress the grievances of SC, ST, OBC and Minority students, if any
- To work in tandem with the students’ Grievances Redressal Cell and the Internal Complaints Cell(ICC) of the college to redress the grievances of SC,ST,OBC and minority students, if any. Such students may submit their grievances in writing to any of the under-mentioned members of the cell.
- To arrange Cultural Awareness Programmes in the college Campus for facilitating the mottos stated above.
- To look for special career opportunities for the SC, ST, OBC and Minority students of the College. The cell has arranged to conduct NET/SET and Competitive coaching classes for the SC,ST,OBC and Minority students (although non-reserved/ non-minority students/ general alumni are welcome in such classes) in the college.
- To ensure protection, reservation and other provisions as provided in the constitution of India.
The SC/ST/OBC and Minorities Cell will provide comprehensive, preventive and proactive services to all such students enrolled for various academic programmes in the university. The goal of the cell would be to enhance the psychological wellbeing of SC/ST/OBC and Minority students at BVCITS so they can explore to derive full advantages of the educational opportunities at the college.
UGC Guidelines reservation policy
Guidelines for strict implementation of reservation policy of the Government in Universities, Deemed to be Universities, Colleges, and other Grant-in-Aid Institution and Centres’ of UGC
‘guidelines for RGNF’
Guidelines for MANF
Ministry of Tribal Affairs
National commission for scheduled Castes
National commission for scheduled Tribes
National commission for Backward Classes
National commission for Minorities
Chair person :Head of the Institution
Coordinator :One faculty from Institution
Members :One faculty from each department
Two students from each department
Frequency of meeting: Twice in a year and whenever needed
- To conduct perodical meetings with students and discuss issues related to schloarships , E-pass etc.
- To conduct remidial classes for those students who have backlogs
- To empower the faculty and students belongs to minorities
- To handle the issues and short and long terms needs to the monoriities
- To ensure that adwquete representation is given to OBC candidates admission in various courses of studies and also to ensure effective implementation oif the reservation policies and programmes.
- To intimate various schloarship schemes of the state government as well as the Central Government to the OBC categeory students.
- Social and Cultural development of the backward classes
- To conduct skill development programn in every semester
- To train the students towards employability.
- AC Seminar Hall for conducting scholership counseling for the students of all departments
- Computers with Internet on sharing basis
Existing Cell Facilities:
- Room for the Cell
- Infrastructure for conducting cell meetings
- Land line to communicate with external bodies and intercom to connect the with in the departments.
Chairperson: Dr. G.M.V.PRASAD
Coordinator: DR. D. SATYANARAYANA , Ph.D
DR. D. SATYANARAYANA
MRS. N. LAKSHMI
MR. CH. RANJITH
MR. G. M. KHAN
MR. B. DIVYA PRAKASH
MR. G. RAMBABU
MR. R. SATISH KUMAR
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- To implement the reservation policy for SC/ST, OBC & Minorities in the College.
- To collect data regarding the implementation of policies in respect to admissions, to take up
measures for achieving the objectives and targets laid down for the purpose by the State
Government and the UGC, to guide the SC/ST students of the college, to optimally utilize the
benefits of the schemes offered by the State Government, Government of India (GOI) and UGC.
- To Circulate GOI and Commission’s decisions and to collect information regarding course-wise
admissions to candidates belonging to the SC / ST, OBC & Minority.
- To maintain information on admissions, education, training and employment of SC/ST, OBC and
Minority, prepare reports for transmission to the Ministry of Human Resource
Development/University Grants Commission and such other authorities as may be required and
to promote higher education among these communities suffering economic, social and
2019-2020 year Planner
|1||July||Collect the SC/ST , OBC and MINORITY students from the office|
|2||August||Conduct a meeting anout the facilities and guidelines of the Schloarships to the SC/ST , OBC and MINORITY students|
|4||October||Conduct a meeting with all the student coordinators among the college about library , transport facilities and grevencies related problems|
|6||December||Review on first meeting and Schloarship data|
|8||February||Awareness to the students about Competative Exams and other government oppartunities|
- To collect reports and information of State Govt. and UGC orders on various aspects of education, employment of SC/ST ,OBC & Minority Students.
- To circulate State Govt.and UGC decisions about different scholarship programs.
- To communicate with the students and motivate them for better future planning.
- To counsel and guide SC/ST ,OBC & Minority students and help them to manage academic and personal issues of college life effectively.
- To ensure provisions of an environment where all such students feel safe and secure.
- To provide prompt counseling for any emotional emergencies arising on account of any event at the campus.
- To provide the mechanism to redress the grievance of SC/ST ,OBC & Minority students, if any
- To ensure protection and reservation as provided in the constitution of India.
- To arrange for special opportunities to enhance the carrier growth
- To aware the SC/ST ,OBC & Minority students regarding various scholarships program of State Govt. and UGC.
- To take such follow up measures to achieve the objectives and targets laid down by the Govt. of India and the UGC.
- To encourage and enlighten the SC/ST ,OBC & Minority students with regard to the rights enshrined in the constitution.