GUIDELINES TO HODS
- All Heads of the Departments are advised to elevate their respective department with the help of all the staff members including Technicians. They should strictly instruct the students to maintain discipline.
- They should monitor the duties of Class Incharges, Lab Incharges, Dept. Exam Incharges and Technicians and guide them in a right path to get the team work for the development of the department as well as the institution. They should give highest priority for class work and other academic related things.
- Heads should depute staff / technicians to see that class work will be smoothly conducted without any break / leaving a single class. No student should leave the class without permission. They should also see that their students will not stay in the corridors / campus during the class work period and also in lunch break.
- They should maintain students track record and see that counseling & guidance will be given to the students in a proper way to achieve good results / highest pass percentage. The student’s information must be updated at the time of counseling in Practical Records.
- They are advised to verify the student’s note books, assignments, lab records, examination answer scripts in random and guide the staff and students to improve the standards.
- Heads should maintain Class work Review File properly and absentees must be called for explanation. They should counsel them and explain the rules of attendance.
- They are advised to conduct staff meeting (include Technicians if necessary) every week to take constructive suggestions and maintain minutes book in the department. Instructions given by the Principal are to be communicated time to time. The resolutions / decisions taken in that meeting must be brought to the notice of the Principal. The minute’s book of the meetings held in the department must be submitted to Principal within three days after conducting the meeting.
- Heads are advised to maintain the necessary files / registers in orderly manner. In their absence, next senior staff member should be given as incharge and the keys, files everything must be available with the Incharge.
- They are also advised to activate the students to participate in technical and other activities conducted by various reputed organizations and they should also plan to conduct Technical Seminars / Symposium, Workshops, Quizzes, Software and Hardware Contests etc., to improve the overall capabilities of the students.
- Heads should take the complete responsibility of their departments. They should look after the regularity of the students / staff and take necessary steps to improve the overall performance of the students and staff as well.