SC/ST/OBC and Minorities Cell VISION:
To oversee the effective implementation of policies and programmes for the disadvantaged groups and to act as source of strength by providing needy assistance in order to achieve equality and social justice.
SC/ST/OBC and Minorities Cell MISSION:
- To improve the performance, provide guidelines and counselling services with respect to academic, social, financial and in other related matters to the disadvantaged groups.
- To extend all kind of deserving services to disadvantaged groups and look after welfare of these communities.
- To provide opportunity and facilitate the deprived groups for learning and creating space for them to enter into mainstream themselves.
SC/ST/OBC and Minorities Cell:
BVCITS- Bhatlapalem is committed to provide an environment that promotes diversity and respects everyone, regardless of colour, religious belief or culture. While maintaining diversity of all kinds, it also commits to ensuring protection of everyone including minorities and acting as per the provisions of constitution of India in such matters. In order to create a living and working environment where all students feel safe and respected, the SC/ST/OBC and Minorities Cell has been established in the year 2006, with the following objectives:
- To counsel and guide SC, ST, OBC and Minority students studying at BVCITS on various issues and help them to manage academics and personal demands of a university life effectively.
- To ensure provisions for an environment where all such students feel safe and secure.
- To provide counselling for any emotional emergencies arising on account of any events at the campus.
- To provide a mechanism to redress the grievances of SC, ST, OBC and Minority students, if any
- To work in tandem with the students’ Grievances Redressal Cell and the Internal Complaints Cell(ICC) of the college to redress the grievances of SC,ST,OBC and minority students, if any. Such students may submit their grievances in writing to any of the under-mentioned members of the cell.
- To arrange Cultural Awareness Programmes in the college Campus for facilitating the mottos stated above.
- To look for special career opportunities for the SC, ST, OBC and Minority students of the College. The cell has arranged to conduct NET/SET and Competitive coaching classes for the SC,ST,OBC and Minority students (although non-reserved/ non-minority students/ general alumni are welcome in such classes) in the college.
- To ensure protection, reservation and other provisions as provided in the constitution of India.
The SC/ST/OBC and Minorities Cell will provide comprehensive, preventive and proactive services to all such students enrolled for various academic programmes in the university. The goal of the cell would be to enhance the psychological wellbeing of SC/ST/OBC and Minority students at BVCITS so they can explore to derive full advantages of the educational opportunities at the college.
UGC Guidelines reservation policy
Guidelines for strict implementation of reservation policy of the Government in Universities, Deemed to be Universities, Colleges, and other Grant-in-Aid Institution and Centres’ of UGC
‘guidelines for RGNF’
Guidelines for MANF
Ministry of Tribal Affairs
National commission for scheduled Castes
National commission for scheduled Tribes
National commission for Backward Classes
National commission for Minorities