ABOUT CGC (COUNSELING & GUIDANCE CELL)
The aim of Guidance and Counseling cell is to provide comprehensive guidance programs and services that will equip students with necessary knowledge, attitude and skills to become mature and socially responsible individuals. It aims to promote a just and humane society.
This is the motto of the Guidance & counseling cell which functions for student retention. The cell nurtures students through different activities and allows students to cross hurdles in the academic year thereby marching smoothly towards success. Apart from this, it helps the students to overcome class, social, and cultural barriers to complete their college education. The Guidance and Counseling Committee is looked after by a teaching faculty. Apart from the main in charge the other faculty members take up specific roles in the activities conducted. The committee identifies students who require services on priority along with their areas of deficiency and suggests the improvement required.
The students once identified, are given academic as well as personal counseling.
We at the Guidance and Counseling Service offer our students the hand of friendship. You do not need a reason to visit us. If you have a concern or a problem be it academic, social, emotional or psychological, you can talk to us in confidence. At CGC, one is valued and accepted in a non-judgmental way. In fact, the aim of CGC is to help the student find his/her own answer.
Reasons for seeking the help of CGC
- Adjusting to the environment here
- Loss of self esteem
- Trauma, loss & grief
- Difficulties in relationships
- Anger management
- Career guidance
What we will do
- Let you talk freely
- You and the counselor will work together to decide how frequently you need to meet.
- If you wish to see a psychiatrist we’ll put you in touch with the Institute’s psychiatrist
- Any information you share with the counselor will be treated with the strictest confidentiality.
Where to find us?
- COUNSELING & GUIDANCE CELL Room No:AB012
- To provide academic and non academic counseling to all students of institutions.
- Assign Mentors to monitor Student attitude , behavior in general
- To Liaise Faculty and Parents of the students.
- Organizing career counseling and seminars with the help of experts
- Provide psychological disciplinary counseling on need basis.
- To enhance interpersonal relationships among students and develop their personality.
- Counseling & Guidance Cell(On Sharing Basis)
- AC Seminar Hall for conducting career counseling for the students of all departments
- Computers with Internet on sharing basis
- E-class room for conducting skill development programs department wise
- 2 LCD projectors for conducting motivational classes
- Enthusiastic team of volunteers for assistance
- Two notice boards are available on the both sides of the room for displaying circulars, updating press clippings & year Planners etc.
- Motivational posters and images of famous quotes to encourage the students.
E-class room (AB211)
Counseling & Guidance Cell(On Sharing Basis)
AC Seminar Hall(for conducting career counseling for the students of all departments on sharing basis)
Computers with Internet on sharing basis
E-class room for conducting skill development programs department wise
Chairperson: Dr. MOSES.VARA PRASAD GUMMADI
Coordinator: CHINNAM. RANJITH KUMAR (CSE)
NAME OF THE FACULTY
Mrs. KORIMILLI. SIRISHA
Mr. DR. D SATYANARAYANA
Mr. AKKELLA VSM GANESH
Mr. PONNAGANTI. SIVA PRASAD
Mr. UDAY KUMAR NATARAJAN
Mr. PRANAV SAGAR. SALADI
NAME OF THE STUDENT
Mr. GALI. VAMSI
Mr. KADALI SURYA
Mr.ASCH PAVAN KUMAR
Mr. SISTA PAVAN KUMAR
Ms. SUSHMA SRI
Mr.M LAXMAN SAI
Ms.BALLA SAI NAGA RAMYA
Mr. RAVI TEJA
Ms.ADHIKARI T S S S DURGA
Ms.MUTYALA SRI SAI SINDHU
Ms. AKKALA NAVYA PRANEETHA
Mr. K. PHANEENDRA
Ms. KANCHARLA SRI DURGA PRAVALIKA
Ms. R.Vijaya Suryamani
- M.A. Salam MD (Psychiatrist)
- To provide inputs for the academic calendar for various Counseling activities.
- Identifying the mentors from each department.
- Provide guidance and counseling to students who need appropriate resources.
- Maintain communication with parents about health and safety, incidents and problems.
- Develop and maintain confidential student records relative to conduct and well-being.
- Maintain good working relationships with Counseling Services, Student Health Services and Human Services.
- Attend conduct hearings for students and provide them with information on legal resources if necessary.
- Work with academic team to address issues of academic success.
Faculty Members Responsibilities:
- Coordinate, promote and deliver the orientation, training and appreciation events as a member of the Student.
- Track activities budget, maintain margin for student services
- Creates PowerPoint presentations, newsletters, etc. as needed to organize Student counseling events or programs
- Conducting Individual Counseling ( Academic, psychological, social, professional)
- Conducting Periodic Group Counseling and Orientation Program
Student Members Responsibilities:
- Organizing events according to the instructions of cell faculty members.
- Guiding the Co-Students to make use of cell and events conducting by the cell.
- Addressing the problems and counseling needs of the Co-Students to mentors.
Name of the Program
|1||A Seminar on English Spoken skills|
|2||A Seminar on Technical education|
|3||A Seminar of Development of ISRO|
|4||A Seminar on Personality Development and Swatch Brain|
Name of the Program
|1||Orientation program and Parents meet|
|2||Stress Management-A motivational Program|