Anti-Ragging Committee / Disciplinary Committee
In view of the directions of the honorable supreme court dated 08.05.2009, Anti-ragging Act came into course to prohibit, prevent and eliminate this scourge of ragging by any student or students whether by words spoken or written or by an Act to derive sadistic pleasure which has effect of teasing annoyance, hardship or psychological harm and fear of apprehension in any fresher. The AICTE brings forth these regulations.
Anti Ragging Measures:
- Anti-ragging committees are constituted including Revenue and Police personnel in addition to the Faculty and staff members of this institution as per the directions given by the AICTE, UGC, Government of Andhra Pradesh and affiliated University, JNTUK. This information along with the phone numbers of the committee members have been supplied to the Fresher’s and their parents such that the information can be communicated at any time.
- The Salient features of Prohibition of Ragging Act 1997 is displayed at Prominent Places of the campus.
- Undertakings from the senior students are being taken at the beginning of academic year(during the I B.Tech / diploma admission Process).
- In addition to the Anti-ragging committees a special task force committee is also constituted to monitor the movements of the students in and around the campus to prevent any sort of in disciplinary activity.
- Punishment is given to erroneous students as a corrective measure and the same is circulated to all the sections of the students.