The department of mechanical engineering established in BVCITS in the academic year 2012-13. The department is of vital importance, being located in a cluster of mechanical engineering based industries. The department has a team of well qualified, experienced, energetic and result oriented faculty having wide exposure to the industry as well as academics.
All the required laboratories have been established with state-of-the-art technology to impart up-to-date, advance knowledge to our students so that they are well equipped with the skills required to give consistent and best quality performance in their endeavour. We aim to establish the department as one of the prime departments in the faculty of engineering at JNTUK.
Students’ association namely SMS (Society of Mechanical Engineering Students), is regularly organizing extra and co-curricular activities. To sustain global competition, the students are exposed to the latest trends and practices in the industry through various industrial visits, guest lectures and seminars by experts in the respective fields. Mechanical engineers have many job opportunities in Aerospace, Automotive, Manufacturing, and software industries apart from academic research establishments.The dept is also providing on campus technical training programmes to the students on different software packages like AutoCAD,Pro-E, Ansys, Catia etc. The department is also associated with ISTE activities which give the students to improve and update their technical knowledge and personality development by conducting good programs.
Strength and Achievement of Department
- State of the art infrastructure with well-equipped laboratories.
- Highly qualified faculty with wide experience from industry & Institute.
- Strong extra & co-curricular activities for students.
- Participation of students in various competitions.
- Good departmental library.
- Industry institute interaction with 4 MOU’s.
- 100% placement to all eligible students in well-known industries.
- Expert lectures by Industry personnel.
- Personality development courses
- Industry visit for practical exposure.