Name of the faculty
Date Of Joining
Responsibility in Committees
1. Project Review Committee
2. R & D cell member
Courses handled/List of Instructional materials prepared
2. Power System, Operation and Control
3. HVDC Transmission System
Course Files Prepared:
1. HVDC Transmission System
Innovative T/L methodologies
Following Different Teaching Methodologies are used
1.White Board and Marker
4.Text Book Assignment
1) Member in ISTE – LM 127287
2) Member in IAENG – 189578
Research Publications (Paper/Poster/book/book chapters/citations/etc)
Research Publications (Journals)
1) Dr.N.Muralikrishnan,Dr.B.Muthuvel,Prof.A.N.V.J.Rajagopal,Dr.S.Arulkumar “Simulation and Hardware Implementation of Z Source Buck Boost Converter Under Various Frequency Conditions” International Journal of Electrical & Technology (IJEET), Volume-11,Issue-3,pp-142-154,May-June 2020, Article ID: IJEET_11_03_017.(Scopus)
2) Dr.B.Muthuvel,Dr.S.Arulkumar,Prof.A.N.V.J.Rajagopal, Mr.Mohiddin khan “Simulation of 9 Level Output H-Bridge Multi Level Inverter” The International Journal of Analytical and Experimental Modal Analysis, Volume-XII,Issue-IV,pp-1853-1864,April 2020. (UGC)
S.Arulkumar “Relative Study on New Carrier-PWM Approach Designed for Cascading Three –Phase Impdedance Source MLI” International Journal of Electrical & Technology (IJEET), Volume-11,Issue-2,pp-27-34,March-April 2020, Article ID: IJEET_11_02_004.(Scopus)
4) G.Seshadri,B.Rajani,S.Arulkumar,C.K.kishore,V.C.Jaganmohan,S.Sivaganesan“Performance Analysis of Direct-Quadrate in Three Phase Induction Motor Drive” Studia Rosenthaliana (Journal for the Study of Research) , Volume-XII,Issue-II,pp-07-21,February 2020.(Web of Science)
5) S.Sivaganesan,TirumalaAnitha,S.Arulkumar,G.P.Merline,R.Shyamkumar,M.Saravanan“Performance Analysis of Reactive Power Mitigation Using Fuzzy Controller for Buck-Type Dynamic Capacitor” Studia Rosenthaliana (Journal for the Study of Research) , Volume-XI,Issue-XI,pp-50-61,November 2019.(Web of Science)
6) S.Arulkumar,SK.Akbar,A.N.V.J.Raja gopal,B.Muthuvel “A Power Quality Improved Bridgeless Converter Based Computer Power Supply” Journal of Emerging Technologies and Innovative Research, Volume-6,Issue-6,pp-739-747,2019.(UGC)
7) B.Muthuvel,B.Vijayakumar, A.N.V.J.Raja gopal,S.Arulkumar, “Energy Efficient Power Management System Using Internet Of Things” Journal of Emerging Technologies and Innovative Research, Volume-6,Issue-6,pp-259-266,2019. (UGC)
8) S.Arulkumar,A.N.V.J.Raja gopal“Performance of a Three Phase Two Stage Grid Tied Feed Forward Term Based SPV with Different Conditions” Journal of Emerging Technologies and Innovative Research, Volume-6,Issue-5,pp-569-578,2019.(UGC)
9) S.Arulkumar,P.Madhavasarma,M.Sridevi and P.Veeraragavan“Particle Swarm Optimization Based Maximum Power Point Tracking Algorithm for Solar System” Research Journal of Pharmaceutical Biological and Chemical Sciences, Volume-9,Issue-1,pp-691-697,2018.(Scopus)
10) S.Arulkumar,P.Madhavasarma,M.Sridevi,P.Veeraragavan and S.Alavandar “An Improved Implementation of the Voltage Level Monitoring and Control Using Soft Sensor Methods for Unified Power Quality Conditioner”Journal of Electrical Engineering, Volume-1,Issue-1,pp-127-139,2018. (Scopus)
11) S.Arulkumar and P.Madhavasarma“Particle swarm optimization Technique Tuned Fuzzy Based PI Controller of Unified Power Quality Conditioner”Journal of Computational and Theoretical Nanoscience , Volume-14,Issue-14,pp-3433-3441,2017. (Scopus)
12) S.Arulkumar,P.Madhavasarma and P.Veeraragavan“Design and Implementataion of the Monitoring and Control System for Unified Power Quality Conditioner Using Soft Computing Method”International Conference ICRTCCM, Publisher-IEEE,pp-234-238,2017. (Scopus)
13) S.Arulkumar and P.Madhavasarma and N.Ambika “Dynamic Voltage Restorer (DVR) for Voltage Swell Compensation with Fuzzy Logic Controller” Journal of Innovation in Science and Engineering Research , Volume-1,Special Issue-1,pp-225-226,2017.
14) S.Arulkumar and P.Madhavasarma“Performance of Unified Power Quality Conditioner with Different Controller” International Journal of Advanced Engineering Technology , Volume-7,Issue-2,pp-1293-1300,2016. (Scopus)
15) S.Arulkumar and P.Madhavasarma“Transformerless Hybrid Powewr Filter Based on a Six Switch Two Leg Inverter for Reduction of total harmonic Distortion and Improve the Voltage Performance with Different Aspects” ARPN Journal of Engineering and Applied Sciences , Volume-11,Issue-3,pp-1923-1930,2016. (Scopus)
16) S.Arulkumar and P.Madhavasarma“Reduction of Total Harmonics Distortion with FACTS Devices Using PI and Fuzzy Controller” International Journal of Control Theory and Aplications , Volume-9,Issue-2,pp-839-846,2016. (Scopus)
17) S.Arulkumar and P.Madhavasarma“PI Controller Based Power Quality Improvement in Distribution System” International Journal of Research in Engineering and advanced Technology , Volume-3,Issue-4,pp-81-87,2015. (Scopus)
18) S.Arulkumar and P.Madhavasarma“Fault Mitigation Using FD-STATCOM” International Journal of Power Control Signal and Computation , Volume-4,Issue-2,pp-8-14,2012.
Book Chapter Publication
1) Book Title:
Emerging Technologies in Engineering Research (Technical Research Publication, Dindugal, ISBN: 978-93-5419-211-1 Online)
Smart Electrical Grids
2) Book Title:
Machine Learning and Applications (Dipti Press OPC Pvt Ltd, Chennai)
Ant Colony Optimization (ACO) Technique for Prediction in the Wind Energy Generation based on Environmental Factors.
3) Book Title: (Under Process)
Advances in Measurement and Instrumentation (IFSA Publishing, Spain)
Embedded System Based Total Harmonic Distortion Measurement for Unified Power Quality Conditioner.
Remote Monitoring and Control of Electrical Machines in Manufacturing Industries Using Wireless Network
Application Number: 202041022860
Publication Date: 12/06/2020
List of Working models / Products developed / Incubation/start – ups &
List of projects received seed money
List of projects received seed money
List of NPTEL courses certification done
Incentives/Award/Reward/Recognitions by university
Faculty Development programs attended /Organized /resource person
1) An online FDP on “Challenges and innovation in renewable energy technology by 2020” during 9th to 10th May 2020 organized by Department of EEE, Tagore Institute of Engineering and Technology,Salem.
2) Two week online FDP on “Research oppertunities in electrical engineering” under Technical Education Quality Improvement Program(TEQIP-III) organized by Department of EEE, Government College of Engineering,KARAD, During May 7th to 16th 2020. Certificate No.CEK/PDF-EED/2020/104.
3) One week FDP on “Implementation and simulation of electrical engineering applications using PLECS Tool” organized by Department of EEE, Vaagdevi College of Engineering, During 25th to 29th May 2020 in association with PLEXIM, Switzerland.
4) ISTE sponsored one week online FDP on “Micro Grid, Electric Vechicles and Allied Areas (MGEVAA-20) organized by Department of EEE,Kakatiya Institute of Technology and Science, Warangal, During 1st to 5th June 2020.
5) National level Five days online FDP on “Electric Power grid Modernization trends, Challenges and Oppertunities” organized by Department of EEE,KITS Guntur, Andhrapradesh 9th to 13th June 2020.
6) Five days online FDP on “Contemporary Challenges in Electrical Engineering and Aiding Technologies” organized by Department of EEE, St.Joseph’s College of Engineering during 6th to 10th July 2020.
7) Five days FDP on “Matlab and Simulink Applications for Engineers” from 27-07-2020 to 31-07-2020 organized by Department of EEE, BVCITS in association with Data Tech labs
Conferences/Seminars/STTP/ Workshop attended/ organised
1) One week STTP through ICT mode on “ Renewable Energy Source and Emerging Technologies” organized by Department of EEE, national Institute of Technical Teachers Training and Research, Kolkata during 25th to 30th May 2020 (NITTTRK/ICT/2020-21/04749).
2) STTP on “Advanced Power System Simulation Software” organized by Department of EEE, SSN College of Engineering, Chennai During 25th to 27th June 2020.
3) Three days STTP on “Electric Vechicles and Its Senaroi in India” organized by Department of EEE, BSA Crescent Institute of Science and Technology, Chennai during 1st to 3rd July 2020.
4) Three days online STTP on “Real Time Simulation and Application for Renewable Energy System” jointly organized by Department of EEE and Internal Quality assurance Cell (IQAC), KVCET, Chengalpattu during 13th to 15th July 2020.
ICT USAGE: webpage/blog/google classroom/LMS etc.
Ph.D enrolled/ awarded / guided
Invited Lectures (Expert/conference/etc)
Industrial visits / Trainings / Internships organized
List of In-house/Funded / Consultancy activities for R&D projects/documentation
International fellowship for advanced studies/research
Yes (13 Years)