Name of the faculty
Dr. AKILRANI M
Date Of Joining
Responsibility in Committees
1. Innovative and R & D and Consultancy Cell member
2. Academic committee member
3. Women grievance cell member
1. 2019-20:15 Members[Batch 2016,1st Sem & 2nd Sem]
2. 2018-19:15 Members[Batch 2015,1st Sem & 2nd Sem]
Courses handled/List of Instructional materials prepared
1. Computer Networks
2. Cryptography and Network Security
Courses Files Prepared
1. Cryptography and Network Security
2. Machine Learning
Innovative T/L methodologies
Used 10 Different Teaching Methodologies
1. White Board and Marker
3. Lecture – Demonstration
4. Seminar 5.Web Reference
6. Video Lectures NPTEL
7. Enquiry Based Education
8. Co Operative Learning
9. Brain Storming 10 Quiz
1. IETI –(2019)
2. IAENG-Member No:237285
Research Publications (Paper/Poster/book/book chapters/citations/etc)
1. “A STUDY ON KNOWLEDGE DISCOVERY OF RELEVANT WEB SERVICES WITH SEMANTIC AND SYNTACTIC APPOACHES”, published on international journal of Computers 3061,DOI:htts://doi.org/10.24297/ijct.v4ila.3026
2. “HYBRID APPROACH FOR GENERATING NON OVERLAPPED
SUBSTRING USING GENETIC ALGORITHM ”,published on
International journal of Research in Engineering and Technology
eISSN: 2319-1163 , pISSN: 2321-7308, Volume: 03 Issue: 05, May
3. “AN INTERACTIVE MODEL FOR GEORESOURCE SOLUTION SEEKING USING ONTOLOGY “published on international Journal of Engineering and Technical Research (IJETR) , ISSN:2321-0869, Volume-2, Issue-5, May2014.URL:https://www.erpublication.org/published_paper/IJET R 021852.pdf
4. “A HEURISTIC SYSTEM FOR GEORESOURCE SOLUTION SEEKING USING ONTOLOGY”Published on International Journal of Artificial Intelligent and machine Learning(CIIT) ,Volume 6,No 2,2014.URL:http://www.ciitresearch.org/dl/index.php/aiml/article/view/AI ML022014005
5. “IDENTIFYING AND REPLACING WEBSERVICE USING SERVICE COMPOSITION”Published on International Journal of Computer Science and Mobile Computing, Vol.3 Issue.11, November- 2014, pg. 407-413.ISSN 2320– 088X, URL:https://www.ijcsmc.com/docs/papers/November2014/V3I11201457.pd f
6. “PLAUSIBLY DENIABLE ENCRIPTION OF DATA STORAGE AS HIDDEN FOLDER IN CLOUD”Published on Journal of Computer Science and Information Technology, Vol. 3, Issue. 11, November 2014, pg.351 – 355.ISSN 2320–088X,
7. “DEPENDABILITY AND REPLACABILITY FOR COMPOSITE OF WEB SERVICES”Published on International Journal of Emerging Technology and Innovative Engineering Volume I, Issue 3, March 2015.ISSN: 2394 – 6598, URL: http://www.ijetie.org/articles/IJETIE_201513041.pdf
8. “ACCURACY OF LEARNING DATA THROUGH NEW BREED OF WEB BASED APPLICATION USING SYNTACTIC APPROACH” Published onInternational Journal of Soft Computing, Volume 10,issue 2, 2015,pg.157- 162.ISSN : 1816-9503. DOI:http://dx.doi.org/10.36478/ijscomp.2015.157.162, URL: https://medwelljournals.com/abstract/?doi=ijscomp.2015.157.162
9. “OPTIMIZED SERVICE SELECTION IN WEB SERVICE DISCOVERY“Published on International Journal of Applied Engineering Research.ISSN 0973-4562 Volume 10, Number 10 (2015) pp. 27425-27431. URL: https://www.ripublication.com/Volume/ijaerv10n10.htm
10. “WEB MINING FOR POTENTIALLY VALUE ADDED SERVICES”, Published on Asian Journal of Information Technology, vol. 15, no. 16, pp. 2908-2962, ISSN:1682-3915.
11. “DATA LOCALITY AWARE FAST AND SECURED RETRIEVAL OF WEB SERVICES USING SECURE SERVICE DISCOVERY SYSTEM IN HADOOP”, Published on Transylvanian Review: vol. 24, no. 10, pp 2345-2360.
12. “DESIGN OF MACHINE LEARNING BASED SUICIDE RATE
PREDICTION SYSTEM”,Published on International Journal of Scientific Research and Review, Vol. 8, Issue 4, April 2019, pp.474-477,ISSN:2279-543X.
Car evaluation prediction
Frequent item Recommender system
Prediction of Loan Approval Using Machine Learning
List of Working models / Products developed / Incubation/start – ups &
List of projects received seed money
List of projects received seed money
List of NPTEL courses/ other certification courses done
1.Cloud Computing [NPTEL]
2.Completed What is Data Science?from IBMin coursera.
3.Completed Home Networking basic in Coursera.
4.Completed Machine Learning A-Z Python & R in Data Scinece provided by Udemy.
5. Completed Top 5 Machine Learning libraries in Python provide by Udemy.
6. Completed Linear regression with Numpy and pythonan online non- credit course authorized by Coursera Project Network and offered through coursera.
Incentives/Award/Reward/Recog nitions by university
1.Got ELITE in Could Computing[NPTEL]-AY:2019-2020
Faculty Development programs attended /Organized /resource person
1. 1. Faculty Development Program on “Machine learning for beginners” organized by Sphoorthy Engineering College, Hydrabad, 3rd May 2020.
2. Faculty Development Program on “Data Science using R”, dated from 28th May 2020 to 30th May 2020. Organized by Department of MCA, K. K. Wagh Institute of Engineering Education and Research, Nashik
3. One week National FDP and online training on Moodle Learning Management System organized by Spoken Tutorial project, IIT Bombay, 27th April – 2nd May 2020.
4. One Week Faculty Development Program on “Arduino” organized by Electronics & Telecommunication Engineering Department of Sou. VenutaiChavan Polytechnic, Pune in association with Spoken Tutorial IIT Bombay from 25th May 2020 to 29th May 2020.
5. “R test” organized at SKN Sinhgad College of Engineering, Korti- Pandharpur by PRAKASH RAMESH GADEKAR with course material provided by the Spoken Tutorial Project, IIT Bombay. This training is offered by the Spoken Tutorial Project, IIT Bombay, funded by National Mission on Education through ICT, MHRD, Govt., of India, May 2020.
6. Faculty Development Programme (online live instructor-led) on “Machine Learning and its Applications” conducted by Electronics and ICT academy, IIT ROORKEE, 5th May – 14th May, 2020.
7. Completed 60 contact hours faculty Development Program on “Data Science” conducted by APSSDC and Excel R, held from 1st June -30th June 2020.
8. Participated in 5days FDP on “Natural Language Processing Behind Data Science. From 22ndJune – 26thjune, 2020.
9. Faculty Development Program “Machine Learning and Data Science for Engineering Applications” from 5th June 2020 – 10th June 2020, Organized by Department of CSE & IT, Shadan College of Engineering and Technology, Hyderabad.
10. Participated in “Data Analyst/Business Analyst course training” conducted by APSSDC and Excel R, held from 8th August- 24th September 2020.
11. Participated in “Android Application Development Bootcamp, Conducted by Codegnan IT solutions OPC PVT.LTD ,from 27th July – 6th August, 2020
12. 1 Week HANDS-ON Faculty Development Program on “Artificial
Intelligence using Python”organised by the Department of Information Technology, CMR Engineering College, Hyderabad in association with Brainovision Solutions India Pvt .Ltd. & National Youth Council of India held from 14th September 2020 to 19th September 2020.
13. Participated in “Simplifying Data Science With Machine Learning” Virtual training program conducted by APSSDC and Excel R, held from 28th September To 12th October,2020.
14. Participated in “Simplifying Artificial Intelligence and Deep Learning for Students and Professionals” Virtual training program conducted by APSSDC and Excel R, held from 13th October to 23rd October, 2020
Conferences/Seminars/Workshop attended/ organised
1. Webinar of “Employability Skills In Curriculum Design”,26th April 2020.
2.Webinar on ÍOT Using Arduino”,24th May 2020.
3. CHALLENGES IN RESEARCH : PUBLICATIONS & ETHICS,3rd
4. Webinar on “Art of writing research papers” organized by CIT on
5. “Developing Thinking Abilities Relevant for Engineering Education”,28thApril,2020.
6. “Get Ready for AI using MATLAB & Simulink” organised in association with Design Tech Systems Pvt. Ltd. Pune by Department of Electronics & Telecommunication Engineering on 27th&28th JULY 2020.
7. Webinar on “ Blockchain 2.0- A shift from Bitcoin to Real world applications,3rd August 2020.
8. “International Workshop on Deep Learning (IWDL)” for 5 days,22nd
August to 26th August.,presented by GOAL street,BITS Pilani,Hyderbad campus
webpage/blog/google classroom/LMS etc.
1.LMS[Great Learning]:https;;//Olympus.greatlearning .in/courses/17701 2.LMS[BYNDR]:email@example.com 3.Blog:https://akilarani.blogspot.com/
Ph.D enrolled/ awarded / guided
AwardedPh.Din the faculty of Information and Communication from Anna University, Chennai in the year of 2018 under the guidance of Dr.D.Shanthi, Prof/Head, Department of CSE, PSNACET, Dindigul, Tamil nadu,India.
Invited Lectures (Expert/conference/etc)
1. Invited as Guest Lecture “Core Java Technologies” at N.P.R.College of Engineering and Technology, Dindigul,Tamil Nadu
2.Invited as Guest of Honor” in Association Ingurationfuction on 20.07.18 for the Department of information Technology at Madurai SivakasiNadars Pioneer Meenakshi Women’s College, Madurai, Tamil Nadu.and given guest
lecture on “INTERENT of Things”.
3. Session Chair in International Conference on Intelligent
4. Session Chair in International Conference on Computer Networks, Big Data and IoT (ICCBI 2018) at The Vaigai College Engineering (VCE), Madurai, Tamil Nadu, 20 December 2018.
Industrial visits / Trainings / Internships organised
List of In-house/ Funded /
Consultancy activities for R&D projects/documentation
Worked as apart of the team on the invention and Patent of
“Optimization MethodforMachine Lwearning Based Clustering of Serial Big data”,Application No.2019410436004
International fellowship for
Worked as Lecturer in Pandian Saraswathi Yadav Engineering college, Sivagangai District, Tamil Nadufrom May 2008 to June 2011.
Worked as Assistant Professor inNPR College ofEngineering and Technology,Natham,
Worked as Assistant Professor inVaigai College of EngineeringMelur,Madurai District,Tamil Nadu from January 2018 to December 2018.